Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Proud Mommy Story

I'm not real big on blogging without photos's but I feel the need to share this little story. Alex has been sick with strep throat since Saturday and was home from school Mon and Tues. This is the 3rd case of it she has had since mid Oct. I took her to the Dr. yesterday and they want to see her at the end of Dec to check her out and evaluate her then. That is the background to the story.

I went to Hayden's school today to pick him up and was talking to his teacher, she told me to make sure I read his paper out in the hall. It was titled what I can give........Hayden wrote that he wanted to give to his sister Alex and he wanted to give her his body, because she is always sick. He wanted to do this because he loves her!

Talk about making mommy want to cry! All those times you think they can't stand each other after hours of arguing and fighting.......it is all worth it in the end. Maybe we are doing something right with our kiddos! I know one thing for sure, I do love them and the people they are becoming!

3 comments:

Cindy Kirkpatrick said...

AAWWWW!!! What a sweet story! They are both great kids! You have done well! It is amazing that deep down... they really do love each other (even though they fight like cats and dogs!!) That is EXACTLY how mine are!!

Happy Trails said...

Robin, that is a sweet story. It is amazing that siblings can just be at each other, arguing, even fighting, talking bad about each other but I bet if anyone else were to treat their sibling like they do they'd be all over them. I know that was how it was with my boys. They could beat each other up but let anyone else try it and they had two to fight. But I had all boys, I suppose it does work the same way with a boy and girl, just as Cindy posted. Our pastor read a story at church about a little girl who was sick and needed a transfusion and they were going to take blood from her brother. He thought they were going to take all his blood and he would die but he was willing to do it for his sister anyway. I thought when I heard that that it sounded just like something Logan would do for Macey. I guess your Hayden is the same way with Alex. Keep up the good work Mommy.

Deana Holt said...

so sweet!!! Don't you love when your kiddos show love to each other.